Note types of services and locations below : Please also check our Facebook page for updates:
Also due to heritage nature of our operations we have limited mobility access.
“PLEASE NOTE: Due to annual maintenance programes we are not running in the month of February, but back in March.”
1905 Peckett Steam Loco and Wooden Passenger Carriage Rides- Herberton.
Fares : Adult $20 Child $10 (5 to 15 years) under 5 are Free: Consession $18. Family passes etc
Go (Check Availability-Seclect Date) online for dates & times of operations.
This fare is for a Herberton Railway Station steam train ride to Historic Village Herberton and return, and includes a tour of our large workshop in Herberton.
*(please note no entry to Historic Village Herberton is included in these fares) Please review times and dates within the booking system.
Special Events: STEAM-STARS & SPIRITS ****** Due to the great success of our first two events in 2023 we be holding more in 2024 so please keep across our social pages for advise******
Join us in 2024 for a moonless night to be informed and observe the stars above us.
Accompany a limited group of 26 (adults only) for a special night hosted by Ian Maclean of Night Sky Secrets.
5:00pm for a 5:30pm sit down dinner in the Herberton Railway Refreshment room.
– A drink on arrival (Wild River Distillery) included in fee.
– An Astronomy Ambiance for the dinner and information presentation.
– Smart casual but bring warm clothes, jacket and outdoor footwear and a foldup camp chair.
– At 6:00-6:45pm board our Peckett Steam train ride to the Historic village station platform.
– 1 hr Astronomy session, commentary with questions answered with two large telescopes will be set up for informed observation (guests can bring their comfy camp chairs on the train)
– 8pm A return steam train ride to Herberton station for campfire with astronomy stories by Ian Maclean and his wife Rosanne of the night sky over a cuppa ☕️ to finish the night at 9pm.
– Costs for this special event $125 pp. (TBC)
A limited cash bar, tea and coffee complementary from within the refreshment room.
So click on the booking button, in 2024 (Dates TBC) and make your booking.
Herberton Station 114th Birthday Night Time Event
On the 20th of October 2024 we will have a birthday event to celibrate the Herberton Railway Station’s 114th year.
A ticketed event will start at 6pm and run till 8pm, cost is $30, book online via our booking system. This includeds night time runs on the Pecket Steam train, light refreshments, also we will have a cash bar, so come and enjoy a great night.
Jacaranda Festival: 2024
Both Staurday 19th and Sunday 20th October 2024 to support the Herberton Jacaranda Festival, we will be running from 10am until 2 pm on the half hour steam train rides from the Herberton Station to the HVH (no drop off or pick ups) and returning to Herberton station.
Bookings online via our booking button.
We’re committed to providing a great experience to our guests and all efforts are made by our friendly dedicated volunteers.