The Atherton-Herberton Historical Railway has several locations and options for your next event.
- Herberton Railway Station and Refreshment Room.
- The Station Café in Atherton.
Our Events Options
We have a range of options for events both in Herberton and Atherton that may interest groups.
The trains can be hired for group bookings and may include weddings, corporate events etc
In Herberton, that may include rail trips or stationary train carriage hire.
External catering arrangements can be made with third party suppliers and the options can be discussed with us in order to make your event special.
We also have a large “Railway Refreshment Room”, available for hire for day or night time events.
Again, external catering arrangements for day or night time events can be discussed.
Please contact our team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
On track event offerings
- The Tinlander
- The Tablelander
- The 1905 Peckett Steam Locomotive and 1913 Passenger Carriage.
So, for weddings, corporate and special events, talk to us about what could be your next very special event.
Up comming events in 2023/24
Steam – Stars -Spirits night time event. SOLD OUT
Due the the success of our first and second SSS events, we are happy to confirm in 2024 we will be running more Steam-Stars & Spirits nights. Dates TBC
The events will run from 5:00pm until 9pm (Adults Only) star gazing and night time steam train ride.
Join us on (date TBC) for a moonless night to be informed and observe the stars above us.
Accompany a limited group of 26 guests for a special night hosted by Ian Maclean of Night Sky Secrets.
5:00pm for a 5:30pm sit down dinner in the Herberton Railway Refreshment room.
– A drink on arrival (wild river distillery) included in fee.
– An Astronomy Ambiance for the dinner and information presentation.
– Smart casual but bring warm clothes, jacket and outdoor footwear and a foldup camp chair.
– At 6:30-6:45pm board a steam train ride to the Historic village station platform.
– 1 hr Astronomy session, commentary with questions answered with two large telescopes will be set up for informed observation (guests can bring their comfy camp chairs on the train)
– 8pm A return steam train ride to Herberton station for campfire and Astronomy stories by Ian Maclean and his wife Rosanne of the night sky over a cuppa ☕️ to finish the night at 9pm.
– Costs for this special event $125 pp. (TBC)
Limited cash bar, with tea and coffee (complementary) from within the refreshment room.
Herberton Railway Station Birthday Event.
On the 20th of October 2024 AHHR will be again, holding a special ticketed event in the new Railway Refreshment room at the Herberton Railway Station. This Birthday event is to celebrate the stations (and rail line connection to Herberton) 114th year. Tickets are $30, and will see our Peckett Steam train run a number of times from 6pm til 8pm, with ticket holders able to ride many times. Also will have a cash bar and light refreshments. Booked via booking page.
On the 19th and 20th of October 2024 is the Herberton Jacaranda Festival and the AHHR is partnering with the Herberton Business and Tourism Association two day event. Within the Herberton Railway Station and workshop, stalls, displays and train rides will be taking place. See www.herberton1880.com.au/events and Facebook for more information.
***Check our social media platforms for updated information and ticketing info etc.
Other events are being developed, so keep on our social media platforms for details.